Friday, April 18, 2008

A year ago...

Last night I was thinking about how a year ago I was very pregnant at this time. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't walk very far without being winded, and I was really enjoying that nighttime heartburn. I was also pretty nervous about going into labor, and how the whole delivery process would work out. Would I know I was in labor?...or would I have our baby in the car on the way to the hospital?...since we live an hour away. Even though we had went to some classes, and they showed all of the videos, for me, it's just not the same until I have experienced it for myself.

Everything went just fine...we went to the hospital twice that day before they would keep me. The first time I think we knew it wasn't quite time, but it got James out of talking in Sacrament Meeting...he figured if his wife was having a baby it was a pretty good excuse, and I just couldn't quite bring myself to sitting through Sacrament Meeting thinking that I was probably having contractions, and the fear of my water breaking. That evening we went back to the hospital about 8:00 and we had Devon I think at 1:47. The nurses said that by an hour and a half Devon became a Taurus, and he does seem to have a little of that bull headedness in him. Everything went pretty quick, I just wish I would have had an epidural quicker.

I just can't hardly believe it has been almost a year since we brought this little guy home, and every day he amazes me even more. Since I didn't have a blog when he was born, I wanted to share some of Devon's first pictures.

Devon was 3 months old here.

I think he was 6 weeks old here, just starting to get that personality, and those funny faces!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

He is such a cutie!! Thanks for sharing stories too. I love to hear how you have been and what has been going on with your life since our little apartment in Orem! I'm glad you survived labor. I'm sure that first year just flies by! How is Felicia doing? You said she is having a baby this year? Tell her hello for me and congrats! Keep the posts coming! Now that we are a little more settled in OH I can do some more blogging!

Anonymous said...

I can't beleive how big he is... Such a little cutie! Are you ready for another one??? j/k

The Adamson Chipmunks said...

Tricia!! I am so glad that you found me! My blog is private now so please e-mail me your e-mail address so that I can invite you! kami.adamson@highspeedutah.com
Your family is so cute!